IATEFL Learner Autonomy Special Interest Group
A website to share news and resources related to learner autonomy.
Autonomy and the Language Classroom: Opening a can of Worms
Opening a Can of Worms
"Can of Worms" is an ongoing project designed to shed light on various
strands of autonomy and language learning.
New! The complete
collection of articles is now available to purchase as an ebook! Details here.
|Stages of the project
Stage 1 March 2006 - April 2007
1. Original idea by Carol Everhard
2. Carol's article in Independence issue 37
3. Releasing the first worms (March 2006)
4. Assigning the first worm keepers (June 2006)
5. First articles appear in Independence (38) (July 2006)
6. The first batch of worms move around the globe
7. Aberdeen conference (April 2007)
Stage 2 (April 2007 to April 2008)
1. New keepers found and worms released! (May 2007)
2. Planning begins for the April PCE
3. First articles appear on the website (September 2007)
4. Articles printed in Independence (42) (December 2007)
5. The worms move around the globe
The entire collection was published as an edited volume. The book is available to purchase. Click here for more details.